If you are absent, or not sure what you should be working on, please check: Google Classroom, or read the board in class for the most current assignment.
If it's on this page, please know that you are responsible for it.
MARKING PERIOD 4:
Spring Concert Reflection - Due Friday, 6/8/18
Click here to view the Spring Concert video
- All reflections must be typed. One single-spaced or two double-spaced pages in length is normal. Twelve point New Times Roman font is standard.
- Include specific musical details and use music vocabulary.
- Use the concert video recordings as evidence for your writing. (Use the RACES rubric).
- See Pieter with questions.
For EACH song, answer the following questions:
1. How did you perform?
2. How did your instrument section perform?
3. How did the entire band perform?
After you have answered the questions above for EACH concert song, reflect on your year in music class. Write a short response on your successes and your struggles. Include three goals for your grade seven year and relate them to your struggles from grade six.
REFLECTION DUE DATE: Friday, June 8th.
In marking period four, you will need:
Music Folder Requirements:
1st section: Fingering Chart
2nd section: Warm-Ups
3rd section: Essential Elements
4th section: Repertoire - NEW SONGS FOR THE SPRING TERM WILL BE POSTED VERY SOON!!
5th section: Reflection (The reflection section must have at least 15 sheets of loose leaf paper (for reflections/vocabulary/listening exercises).
All students need a complete binder or folder. If you are missing music, please see your teacher for help. They can print music for you outside of class (i.e., at lunch, before homeroom, etc.).
All sixth grade sections will have in-class playing quizzes. You will have the option of performing with a buddy or as a soloist. You may also be asked to perform as an instrument section (i.e., all flutes, all clarinets, etc.). In marking period two, you will be asked to play short melodies from you Essential Elements book and short examples from your winter concert songs. Quiz dates will be discussed in class and posted on Google Classroom.
All 6th Grade Sections:
Once you know your instrument for the school year:
1. Check out these videos for your instrument.
2. Work on producing a stable and steady tone on your mouthpiece.